Happy Summer Solstice Everyone,
We are at the turning point of the year, days start getting shorter, and summer is truly here. Yesterday I got to go out on our lagoon kayaking, between the seals and the pelicans, and the ocean was so incredibly beautiful and inviting. If you can, I highly recommend you go to a beach, lake, or river near you and jump into the water to celebrate the Time we are in, Water and Life!
Thursday June 24th, 2021, Full Moon, at 3.28 degrees Capricorn
Capricorn is the sign that rules Elders, Authorities, Governments, Structures and Practical Achievements. The Full Moon in Capricorn is an illumination of Maturity and Responsibility (or perhaps the lack of those) within these systems.
This Capricorn Full Moon is the natural culmination of the seeds that have been planted 18 months earlier, December 26th 2019, to be exact, when we had a New Moon exactly at the same degree, 3.53 Capricorn. Interesting how that was when the Covid-19 pandemic started…feels like maybe this is finally the tip of the iceberg – or is it?
The ruler of this Cap Moon is Saturn, placed at 12.42 Aquarius, and inching towards the Mars-Saturn opposition which is exact July 1st 2021. The Moon and all of us beings living here on planet Earth who are 70% water are animated with the energies of Mars in Leo opposite Saturn in Aquarius at this time:
- Mars conveys how we initiate action, and in Leo actions come with charisma and confidence, though sometimes also with heat and pride. Mars in Leo often acts primarily for oneself, perhaps with playful tones, but sometimes infused with overly egotistical ways of doing things.
- Saturn is where we are restricted, and in Aquarius restrictions are with Groups, Friends and Communities, and of course Authorities themselves as Saturn is at play.
- So, the Mars-Saturn opposition is about how one acts within group settings… How 2021 for us all - isn’t it?!
As the ground and our values keep shifting beneath us (thanks to Uranus in Taurus which also squares the Mars-Saturn opposition), this is yet another moment in time where one’s actions have consequences to the whole group and community. Simultaneously, restrictions from community and authorities effect how we are doing things for ourselves. The wild card is Uranus, coming in with the unexpected, the out-of-the-blue unique surprises, that we all least expect...
There is another interesting twist which is that Saturn is also in sextile with Juno in Sagittarius and Chiron in Aries:
- Juno, how we relate to others, is travelling through Sagittarius, thus we are all requiring intellectual stimulation at this time from one another. There is a hope for a mutually shared vision within our interactions, but when that isn’t possible, we all must look out to not be too rigid with insistence of our own beliefs!
- Chiron, the Wounded Healer in Aries, highlights the opportunity to Heal oneself by being true to oneself – rather than just feeling wounded. Step into consciously healing yourself and the magic will unfold!
Another thing to look out for right now is Venus opposition Pluto! Generally, a Venus-Pluto opposition speaks of possible love obsessions, power plays in relationships and a search for intensity in relationships. Venus in Cancer here yearns for emotional comfort, especially at home, while Pluto in Capricorn implies power plays from authority-like figures. If you feel unsafe at home or in a relationship right now, for any reason, please reach out and communicate your distress so people can help. Pluto is “Hades”, the Lord of the Underworld and He is ruthless. Stay away from dark alleys and bad neighborhoods as well, please!
The good news is, this Capricorn Moon does have a sweet sextile of Good Luck, coming from Jupiter in Pisces. Expansion, Growth and Optimism are all possible! If we go back and notice how this is really a culmination from the past 18 months of our responsibilities and structures we’ve laid down, keeping ourselves and our communities safe, this is a moment to step back, and look at all the hard work we have been doing.
Trust your intuition, but don’t try to escape reality too much which Jupiter in Pisces might want you to do, instead go meditate and have some alone time to figure things out. The Sun in Cancer is asking us to take a moment and notice our own emotional realm and how we feel. Take time to focus on your Self, Home and Family and give yourself some appreciation for what you have done in this crazy hard pandemic year!
For Astro consultations please visit my website at www.AlexandriaConsultingServices.com for more info or to send me a message.
Wishing you all a fabulous summer!
Alexandria Consulting Services
Astrologer & Business Consultant
P.S. Thank you for the beautiful Summer Solstice image https://www.crystalinks.com/summersolstice.html